Sunday, July 1, 2007

frustration.

Well...after I left you all following my last post...I went directly back to my apartment to change to go running and headed to the gym. I forgot my money however (you have to pay to go to the gym) and turned around and went back to my apartment. En route, I decided to head to the pool instead and would go run later in the evening. I grabbed my books and towel and spent the remainder of the afternoon swimming, sleeping and reading. It was an exceptionally sunny day and got some good color on my nose;). Well, 5:30 pm roles around and I decide it’s high time to find some friends and grab some dinner. I went back to my room only to realize I’d forgotten my keys and was locked out. Now, as you can imagine, all I have is my bathing suit a towel and two books. No cell phone, no car or money to go anywhere...so I just chilled. I chilled for 3 and a half hours I found a classmate and tried to called the director who was unreachable...I read my book in my bathing suit and just waited. (Now if you are saying to yourself this is such a proverbial “emily” move...take it back because it aparently happens all the time;). Long story short, the director had no key and I was prepared to camp out for the night in a classmates room...ahhh. Just as I thought all hope was gone...the Lord pulled through. I saw the Thai school director’s car parked outside. We looked for her to no avail. BUT I decided to leave her a note on the car...and just as I was walking to put in on her car, I found her in the stairwell...she found the daughter of another employee and we got the maintenance man...crazy. So following a good night sleep in my bed and in my own pajamas I’m filling you in. Will do a bit of exploring today, and then I’m off to get Clare from the AIRPORT!!!

No comments: