well i arrive in NYC at 6:30 this morning...and immediately flew to new orleans to visit some friends and have some special little boy time as I am the substitute caretaker of two special little ones for a week. the reinforcements are coming in on wednesday...but i'm on my own till then! praise the lord for NO JEG LAG SO FAR! i was abel to sleep 10 whole hours on the plane here...and felt like i woke up in the morning just as my flight arrived in the states...in the morning. as i'm typing i'm getting a bit tired...but that's it. we'll see if i sleep tonight.
i flew through immigration and customs at the JFK airport...and ran to the delta terminal to re-check my bags and then board my second plane of the day to atlanta. i was bumped to first class as they double booked my seat. imagine the chances;) i spent a few hours in the atlanta airport and then boarded my third plane of the day...and arrived safely in new orleans by 3:30 pm. the wonders of aeronautics. i thought it appropriate to continue writing on the 100 degrees sight considering it's almost that in new orleans...reminds me of thailand...which now seems soooo far away...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it something how a culture is so real when you are living in it and then so seemingly uncomprehendable when back on more familiar turf? When in America I could never fully remember or grasp the intensity of the humidity, the dustiness or the warmth of the people, which made preparations for return difficult. So I bought the wrong clothes and created a fantasy bubble culture that walking off the airplane in Manila quickly burst. I think it is very difficult to maintain a world-Christian attitude and lifestyle. The affluence and my comfort in USA culture errodes my ability to be multi-cultural.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment